Our Fall Sports season has come and gone for the 2018 school year! It was a tremendous season for our Giants. Our teams had impressive success this season with many highs. We had many recognitions and awards received by our teams and students.
- Boys Varsity Soccer: Finished the season 7-7-1 and made the post season tournament. The week prior to playoffs our boys upset the #4 team to earn their 13th seed and playoff birth. Tom Daly earned Honorable Mention All State. Angelo Besho was the leading scorer on our team and Tom Daly led is assists. Graduating 6 seniors, but with 43 in the program, many players will return to the program next year.
- Boys JV Soccer: Finished their 12-0-0. Beating opponents by an average of 2 goals or more. Christian Weir, stepping into goal halfway through the season, recorded 4 shutouts in the final 6 games. Jack Wolfram led in scoring, but there will numerous goal scorers this year on the team. Excited for the future of this program.
- Girls Varsity Soccer: Finished their season 12-4 on the regular season and earned their way into the playoffs as a 6th seed. Lost in the Quarterfinals to the 3rd seed. Highlighted moments this year from Goal scorer Freshman Sheridan Brummet, who scored 43 goals on the season, while sitting out two games due to injury. Sheridan earned 1st team All State and her sister Adrienne earned 2nd team All State.
- Girls JV Soccer: Ended the season 1-6-1, comprised of a team of younger and first time players. Grew immensely this season in skills and four players were moved up to Varsity for playoffs due to skill growth. Promising future impact from freshmen in program, including Grace Bemis and Ellie Scharpf. No post season tournament. Fun Season!
- Girls Varsity Field Hockey: Ended the season 12-2 and ranked 4th in D3 overall. Lost in the quarterfinal round of the tournament in double OT and corner shootout OT. Numerous leading goal scorers, including an impressive young squad of 6 starting sophomores. Halle Laramie led the scoring and earned 2nd team All State. Ashlyn Toupin and Abby Tremblay earned 1st team honors. Abby Tremblay and McKayla Toupin received invites to try out for the Twin State Team this year.
- Boys/Girls Varsity Golf: Finished 16-5 and earned a 5th seed in the playoffs. Had a great year winning matches with high scoring points (with the new scoring system). Nick Grimbilas and Matt Wiley led the season this year as #1 and #2 golfer. Due to unforeseen weather situations, the team championship was cancelled awarded the winner to the regular season champion. Matt and Nick were then both invited to compete in the individual championship and Nick won the match and won the D3 State Individual Championship (new banner to be arriving soon). Nick has been invited to compete in the high school national golf championship in Orlando FL this summer and will be participating as the state Champ.
- Girls Varsity Cross Country: Due to low interest, we did not field a girl’s team this year.
- Boys Varsity Cross Country: Finished an incredible season this year, with amazing times. Coach Heath explained this year’s team as having two competitive waves of runners in the top 8. We saw one of the best trio of first wave runners come together this year in Oscar Miller and transfers Wil Spencer and Joe Tierney. Their times were impressive to say the least, each of them representing as Brady’s Top runner multiple races, have PRs as fast as 18 minutes flat, and running together with an average difference of 8-10 seconds between them. Another impressive wave contained our second leg of runners, who hit 20 minute and 19 minute PR times as well. Big future ahead for this team next year, who return most runners back. They finished 12th out of 28 D3 teams this year on one of the runners state meet in years, and are eager to get back at it.
- Bass Fishing: Has three freshmen and one junior participate in the state tournament. Trained hard in the offseason and are excited to compete again next year.
- Boys Varsity Football: Finished 1-6-0 in the first year in D4. 3 games were lost in very close games. Our Fall Mountain loss came in the final 30 seconds when the kicker hit a 30-yard field goal. Our Raymond lost came in OT, where we scored late to put it into OT. Our Farmington loss came to the final play, when our Giants executed so well and fell short in the last play at the 5 yard line. Mascoma was a big win. 7 players received All State Recognition this year: Kyle Bean and Scott Franklin 1st Team, Patrick Brust, Connor Treybig, Alex Andrews, and Ismael Rivera 2nd team, and AJ Cipriano Honorable Mention. Overall, the season, was a huge growing year. The team made great strides under first year head coach Jermaine McKenzie and the boys and community are already looking forward to next year. Our team was also recently award the NHFOA 2018 Sportsmanship Award. Throughout each season football, officials at completion of varsity football games submit a game report that includes the level of sportsmanship displayed by players, coaches, students and spectators. At the end of the football season, every New Hampshire football program is compared and the top teams are recognized by the NHFOA. Huge applause to all for this recognition. A council member will attend this Monday’s morning meet and will present a banner.
Winter Sports Updates
All winter sports are now off and running strong! All winter schedules, news, and updates can be found on the Brady Athletic website and on twitter.
Brady Athletic Website: http://www.bishopbradyathletics.com/
Other Athletic Recognitions
BBHS Athlete of the Week:
- Week 1 - Varsity Football, Anna Grafton
- Week 2 - Tyler Aubin, Mitchell Green
- Week 3 - Danielle DesRuisseaux, Colin Plante
- Week 4 - Lauren Roy, Chase Buckman
- Week 5 - Molly Dexter, Patrick Brust
- Week 6 - Will Scrivens
Fall Concord Monitor Stars of the Day
- Bryce Johnson (2)
- Lauren Roy (2)
- Danielle DesRuisseaux (4)
Concord Monitor Top 10 Weekly Team
- Girls Varsity Soccer (5)
NHIAA All State Recognitions
Girls Field Hockey
- Lauren Roy - 1st Team
- Abigail Tremblay- 2nd Team
- Lauren Roy - invitation to tryout for Twin State team
- Danielle DesRuisseaux - 1st team, Lion's Cup Team
- Olivia Crainich - 1st Team, Lion's Cup Team
- All Academic Team
- Colin Plante - 2nd Team, invitation to tryout for the Lions Cup Team
- 1st Team Offense
- WR-Rich Sullivan
- 1st Team Defense
- CB-Chase Buckman
- 2nd Team Offense
- QB-Patrick Brust
- RB-Colby Morris
- WR-Bryce Johnson
- 2nd Team Defense
- DL-Matt Mills
- DB-Thomas Scott