What is the Bishop Brady Fund?
The Bishop Brady Annual Fund is the foundation of fundraising efforts for our school community. Participation in annual giving demonstrates a commitment to support the mission of the school in preparing young adults as future citizens.
Why is the Bishop Brady Fund necessary?
Bishop Brady relies on a combination of tuition revenue and fundraising to support our school's strong academic, athletic and co-curricular programs, fund professional development for faculty, enhance technology and provide need-based tuition assistance. The Bishop Brady Fund provides an opportunity for all constituencies, family, friends, parents, alumni, grandparents and corporate sponsors to support students and programs.
Why not just raise the tuition?
Although raising tuition is necessary to keep pace with the increased operational costs, we try to keep the tuition affordable. Currently over 40% of Brady students receive financial assistance. For those who are able to pay more, we ask that they do. All monies donated over and above the tuition amount are considered a charitable contribution and are typically tax deductible.
What are this year's goals?
The goal for non-tuition revenue for the 2017-2018 school year is $125,000.00. This includes fundraising events, the annual fund and other donations and sponsorships.
The goal for parent participation is 40%
The goal for advisory board participation is 100%
The goal for alumni participation is 12%
The goal for Faculty and Staff participation is 100%
Can I direct my donation?
Absolutely. Donors to the Bishop Brady Alumni Fund can direct their donation to one of our specified areas of need or donations can be left to the discretion of the school. Specific areas for donations include:
- Student Opportunity Fund (need-based financial assistance)
- James Ceriello Scholarship Fund
- Giants Fund (athletic and co-curricular programs)
- Fine Arts Fund (music, art and drama programs)
- Transportation Fund (additions to the Brady fleet)
- Technology Fund (maintain/upgrade computer labs, continued integration of wireless network throughout the building, professional development in the use of technology to enhance learning)
- Professional Development Fund
Who is asked to participate?
Participation in annual giving is a measure of the school's strength. Whether your contribution is small or large, it is a valued support to our school community. Everyone is asked to participate.
Levels of sponsorship
All sponsors are listed in the summer edition of the Bishop Brady High School Magazine. The actual dollar amount of the donation is not published.
Guardians of the Mission – gifts of $10,000 or greater
- Leadership Council – gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- Leadership Partner – gifts of $2,500 to $4,999
- Leadership Society – gifts of $1,000 to $2,499
- Brady Sponsor – gifts of $500 to $999
- Giant Sponsor –gifts of $250-$499
- Green and Gold Sponsor – gift up to $249